What"s The Hype About The 3 Day Detox Diet?
It's appealing because all of us know that we have far too many toxins sitting around clogging up our body. Fast food, coffee and tea, pesticides in our food, msg, white flour and sugar all take their toll. It's hard for the body to digest these and pass them out because they are not natural. It's therefore recommended we help our body along a bit and a detox is just the thing.
Here's what you do for the next three days:
• Substitute your morning tea or coffee with a glass of warm water with the juice of half a lemon squeezed into it. This tastes good and helps your body stimulate those stomach juices to get things moving along. In fact forget drinking coffee and black tea duringyour detox.
• Drink lots and lots of good quality water, juice and herbal teas.
• Now onto food. You will need one cup of whole grains (barley, brown rice, wild rice, buckwheat and millet are just some examples) and three servings of fresh vegetables every day. One cup of veggies at least should be consumed raw - think about carrot sticks, tomatoes, zucchini and celery as they all taste good raw. Otherwise, steam the veggies lightly (don't overcook as you cook away the vitamins) or stir fry. You can also enjoy salads but please use a good quality cold pressed oil like safflower, canola, sunflower or, my personal favorite, olive oil.
• No croutons please. No bread either. Remember this about helping your body todetox. No meat or fish either - remember it's only for a short time!
• You also need three servings of fruit - as fresh as possible (i.e. not frozen or tinned and with no sugar added).
As well as the above, you need to take two doses over the three days of a kidney and liver tonic. This is what you can do:
• Two cups of dandelion, a clove of garlic (fresh), fennel or chamomile tea, OR
• Fresh juice - carrot or beetroot, a medium bunch of black grapes, or two cups of parsley.
Exercise: enjoy a 30 minute walk every day in the fresh air.
This is really "no biggie" to do. In fact your body would thank you if you did it more often - maybe every month or every second month. Remember the 3 day diet detox is not only simple to do but it works and your body will thank you for it.