How to Turn Your Dumbbells Into Kettlebells
- 1). Lay out your supplies. Cut a length of rope long enough to lace through the pipe, with enough left to make a knot around each end of the dumbbell.
- 2). Lace the rope through the pipe. Let an even amount of rope hang out of each side of the pipe.
- 3). Set the pipe next to the dumbbell and begin tying the rope and pipe combination to one end of the dumbbell. Use a strong knot like a hitch knot or a figure eight knot to ensure the handle and pipe stay together.
- 4). Give it a tug to make sure it is secure. Pull the rope very tight and begin knotting the other side, keeping the rope taut so there is no slack between the dumbbell and the handle.
- 5). Wrap the handle in duct tape or hockey tape to create a smooth handle and a solid piece. You may need to wrap it several times until it feels right.