How to Make Homemade Chocolate Bark with Saltine Crackers
- 1). Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2). Line the jellyroll pan with aluminum foil.
- 3). Place the saltine crackers side by side so they are touching each other and cover the jellyroll pan completely.
- 4). Bring the butter and sugar to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook for three minutes or until the mixture has a caramel color.
- 5). Pour the butter and sugar mixture over the crackers. Pop the jellyroll pan into the oven for eight to 10 minutes.
- 6). Remove the pan from the oven and let the crackers cool slightly. Cover the crackers with chocolate chips. Let the chocolate chips melt for one to two minutes.
- 7). Spread the chocolate over the crackers with a knife or offset spatula when the chocolate begins to look shiny.
- 8). Sprinkle chopped nuts, if desired, over the chocolate.
- 9). Put the jellyroll pan in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Remove the pan from the freezer and break the bark into small pieces.