How to Prevent Runny Lasagna
- 1). Before adding pre-cooked hamburger to the casserole, shake the meat in a colander while pressing on it with a spoon to drain fatty liquids.
- 2). Drain lasagna noodles on absorbent paper towels before adding them to your casserole.
- 3). Thicken marinara sauce with a teaspoon of cornstarch to make it denser and less watery. Or use tomato paste, which is thicker and less runny than sauce.
- 4). Allow cooked lasagna to cool and thicken for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
- 5). Refrigerate cooled, cooked lasagna overnight to get a denser product. Reheat slices in a microwave oven or reheat the whole pan in the oven.