5 Interesting Exercise Ball Workouts
Nowadays, you can find these balls in any gym, fitness center or even at boot camps.
They are very effective in burning all those extra calories, helping you lose weight, making you look fit and healthy.
Working with an exercise ball has many benefits.
It: • Corrects your posture.
• Improves your joint flexibility • Improves balance The instability offered by these balls makes your body to use your abdominal muscles and the back to stabilize yourself on the ball, improving your concentration levels and at the same time strengthening the muscles.
Here is a list of five very interesting exercises that can be performed easily by anyone anywhere.
Always remember to perform warm ups for at least 5 to 10 minutes before exercising with these balls.
Consult a doctor if you have recently suffered from any injury or have any other medical condition before using these balls.
1) Back extension: Place the ball under your hips and stretch you legs.
Place your hands behind your head.
Pull your abdomen and lift your chest off the ball in such a way that your entire body is in a straight line.
Slowly come back to the original position and repeat.
2) Ball balance: Place the ball under your hips and balance yourself with your hands on the floor.
Lift your legs off the floor and keep them in a straight position.
Pull your abdomen in and slowly lift you right arm off the floor and keep it in straight position and hold for a few seconds.
The, slowly bring your right hand down and relax.
Repeat with your left hand.
3) Hip Extension: Lie down flat on the floor and place the ball below your heels.
Place your hands on either side.
Keep your abdomen stiff.
Lift your hips off the floor till your body is in a straight line.
Hold yourself for a few seconds and slowly come back to the original position and relax.
Repeat according to your convenience level.
4) Birddogs: Place the ball under your abdomen and go down on all fours.
Slowly stretch your right hand in the front and left leg back.
Hold in this position for a few seconds.
Come back to the original position and repeat with the left hand and right leg.
5) Balance with an exercise ball: Sit on the exercise ball and place your hands on your hips.
Keep your back straight.
Keep your feet together on the ground in front of the ball.
Slowly lift one foot off the ground and hold for a few seconds.
Bring your leg back to the original position and repeat with the other leg.
The flexibility of being able to use these balls in your own backyard is a huge advantage.
You do not have to shell a lot of money on joining a gym.
Using these balls to perform various exercises in the comforts of your home is easy and a lot of fun.