How to Make a Skull Hat
- 1). Lay the bandanna flat on your work surface. Fold two opposite tips together to create a triangle shape.
- 2). Place the bandanna on your forehead so the middle of the long flat edge of the triangle sits just below your hairline and the middle of the triangle drapes over the top of your head.
- 3). Hold each long end of the triangle. Wrap the ends around the back of the head.
- 4). Tie a simple knot with the two ends you wrapped around the back of your head. Tuck the top point of the triangle under the knot and pin it in place, or have someone do it for you.
- 5). Remove the bandanna as it is, pinned and knotted. Sew the middle of the triangle to the knot and remove the pin.
- 6). Cut off the two ends of the knot, if desired. You can also leave them dangling off to the side for a pirate look.